Links for Students:
Design Squad (PBS)
Engineering and Technology Links
Dekalb County Schools
You will need your Microsoft Office 365 login for this. You will also need this member id: 1203862712 and this program key FA99DA20-8C6F-4DC3-A616-AC0696590B9A
Learn to Program Computers or Make Apps:
- 44 women in different STEM fields
The Internet of Things Case Study
Make your own toys http://sciencetoymaker.org/
Various Websites that may be used to enhance your learning:
General Physics Sites
· http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/index.cfm The Physics Classroom
· http://phet.colorado.edu/index.php University of Colorado Physics Simulations
Motion simulations: The Moving Man, Projectile Motion, Motion in 2D, Maze game
· http://www.angelfire.com/stars/dhsphysics/mathskills.html Math Skills for Physics Students
· http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hph.html Ron Nave’s Hyperphysics Site
· http://www.physicslessons.com/iphysics.htm Physics Lessons
· http://www.physicslessons.com/exp7b.htm Projectile Motion (requires Adobe Shockwave)
· http://www.physicslessons.com/phe/projectile.htm Projectile Motion (requires JAVA)
· http://phet.colorado.edu/simulations/sims.php?sim=Projectile_Motion Projectile Motion Simulation (PHET)
- Women in STEM: an editorial exploration on the state of women in STEM with several interviews from women in the industry and a collection of scholarships.
- Career Guide for STEM: featuring paths of study, specializations, job options, as well as an interview with a woman with 23 years of experience working in STEM.
General Tech Links
Communication Tech Links
CybeSmart http://www.cybersmartcurriculum.org/home/ Site which has good lesson plans for kids grade 6-8 on how the internet works .
How A Computer Works http://educate.intel.com/en/thejourneyinside Intel has created a website that breaks down the way a computer works into the most basic format that I have ever seen! The activities explain everything from binary code to how digital pictures work. It also has a neat section on how a computer's "brain" compares to the human brain.
Current Events for Kids http://www.timeforkids.com/TFK/kids/newsThis is an excellent website if you are interested in your students staying up-to-date with current events. based.
Bureau of Labor and Statistics http://www.bls.gov/ The BLS allows you to search any area of employment. It has excessive information about careers and occupations.
Copyright and the Internet http://www.msu.edu/user/kimyong2/copy.htm Everything you need to know about copyright especially how it pertains to the internet
Discovery Channel http://dsc.discovery.com/technology/ This site has all the episodes form the discovery channel. It allows you to access live shows on the internet or videos.
How Stuff Works http://www.howstuffworks.com/
I love this website if I want to find out how things work. From basic stuff to very complicated. It includes animations, videos, graphics, and good descriptions.
The Futures Channel http://www.thefutureschannel.com/index.phpThis site has over 100 small videos about new jobs and technological advancements. Most of the videos are designed for students and provide a study guide for students to incorporate into a classroom.
United States Patent Office- http://www.uspto.gov/go/kids/index.html This is a kids page version for children and teachers to learn about inventions.
Construction Tech Links:
Manufacturing Tech Links
Transportation Tech Links
2007 TSA Dragster Competition Results http://www.science-of-speed.com/showroom.asp?id=259 - This is the perfect site to show pictures of the winning TSA national co2 car designs. Note: Students can use in research of own cars.
National Air and Space Museum http://www.nasm.si.edu/education/classroom.cfm This site is all about the history of aircraft. Includes links to museum events, classroom, resources, teaching resources, online activities and more. .
Your Own Flight http://www.fi.edu/flights/own2/forces.html This site discusses the four forces of flight. Each force has a link which describes the force and it’s impact on flight. Also has activity for creating own model aircraft. There are several designs for a variety of types of aircraft.
Welcome. Here you will find links to 4 tutorials that will help you learn how to use Google Sketchup. Click on each link to familiarize yourself with the tools and applications available on this program. Once you are finished with the tutorials experiment using the program. This program will be used to draft several designs for upcoming projects.
Tutorial 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL01iW9DAEU
Links for Teachers:
Technology Education http://www.techedlearning.com/
Misc Educational Links