Welcome to Arabia Mountain's Work-Based Learning Program
The DEADLINE to Sign Up is Wednesday, August 19th!
WBL makes the “real world” connection between school and work!
Work-Based Learning is learning that results from work experience designed to increase the knowledge and skills of the learner. The work experience is supplemented with instruction and activities that apply, reinforce, refine, or extend the learning that occurs during work, so that learners develop attitudes, knowledge, skills, and habits that might not develop solely from work experiences. Students continue to take coursework related to his/her career interest which is their career pathway while receiving on-the-job training in a structured workplace.
Students participating in WBL will be classified as either ESD-Employability Skill Development, CO-OP-Cooperative Education, Internship and YAP-Youth Apprenticeship.
WBL enrollment takes place during a student’s senior year, BUT pre-qualification & scheduling starts during the junior year.
Below are the requirements that you must meet in order to be eligible and to apply for the Work-Based Learning program. Please review each carefully and see Ms. La'Sonya Smith the WBL Coordinator for more information.
- Complete the Online WBL Sign Up and/or Application
- Be a Senior AND on track for graduation
- Have and Maintain Good Attendance and Disciplinary Records
- Must be a senior
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Have a valid picture ID and social security number
- Have RELIABLE Transportation daily to and from school to your job site
- Taking 2-3 courses in your Career Pathway