Always wear eye protection when working in the fabrication room.
- Never operate machinery prior to teacher approval.
- Always inspect tools and machines for damage or hazards before use.
- Immediately inform the teacher should an accident occur.
- Do not distract individuals who are operating machinery.
- Stand only in the “operator zone” while operating machinery.
- Power tools should be unplugged by the plug and never by the cord.
- Do not horseplay in the lab.
- Never use a tool for a purpose for which it was not designed.
- Do not leave out materials, especially those that are sharp, slippery, etc.
- Loose hair must be tied up, loose clothing must tucked in, jewelry must be removed, and long sleeves must be rolled up while working in the fabrication room.
- Close-toed shoes are required to use machinery.
- Flammable materials must be stored in the appropriate cabinets when not in use.
- Clean off machinery and work-area prior to exiting the lab.
Click Here for the Quizlet Safety Exercises and Games
Working with wood